MegaMan Powered Up: Master Level List! Forum Index » Level Discussions & Advertising

[ ID : 45219708-013 ] -- "Pyres Deep Core"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkling Negata

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: [ ID : 45219708-013 ] -- "Pyres Deep Core" Reply with quote

Stage Link :
http://www.plutolighthouse.net/MMPU/index.php?page=ViewStage&stageID=45219708-013

Stage ID : 45219708-013
Stage Name : "Pyres Deep Core"
Stage Region : USA

This is the sequel to Pyres Ruination. It is very much different from the first. This is a very hard stage, but I was generous to provide lives for the trials ahead. I spent 4 days working on this. It's a very colorful stage too. You can tell the effort I put in to make it look really different by looking at the blocks. No two blocks of the same touch each other at all, meaning I had to individually place each one, which was time consuming, but I like the result. I would even say that I doubt there's any other stage out there where the entire level was done like that. The boss door and boss room are unavoidable, but the rest of the stage is quite unique. Mega Man S is the only playable character this time around. He only has 2 weapons as well, which are required to make it through this stage. Be careful with the Time Slow, because there are a few instances where it has to be used. Oil Slider is just as important. Use your head in this level. You may have to use both Time Slow and Oil Slider at the same time. There's one situation that cannot be handled without using both. Like I said, this is a very hard level. The focus of this level is the element of surprise and quick reflexes. It is possible to beat. I play tested it several times and even when it was finished before releasing it.

Story:
After stopping Fireman's plans for mass destruction, Mega Man and co. were about to return to the surface and seal off the core. All of a sudden Bombman announces his plan was to assist in destroying Fireman so that he could take over the core and initiate a much deadlier plot than Fireman could ever come up with. He has grown bitter towards humanity, feeling that he shouldn't have to obey their laws. Bombman explains that there is more to the core than what it seems. He says that they only infiltrated the outer edges of the earth's core, and that the inner core, or deep core was Fireman's secret headquarters. Bombman plans to make it to the center of Deep Core, where he will work on a massive nuclear bomb, which will then be detonated. The earth will be completely destroyed and all life will cease to exist. Bombman flees into the deep core region, but not before inviting Megaman alone to try to stop him. Megaman gives chase and finds himself in the deep core. The security here is much tighter than the outer colony. Armed with the power to slow time and manipulate oil, he ventures into the depths.

EDIT: This is a challenge mainly directed toward Jin. Your stages gave me a few ideas and I tried to apply them as best as I could. Hope you like this one, if you can beat it.
Eternity Town 2
Pyres Hellhouse
Spook Distortia
Necromancy Notch
Megaman X Tryout
RollPlayingGame2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope I like this one even if I can't beat it... But, I never would have made it so no two of the same blocks touched... Too much time wasted that way.
51478218-30 <-- Working Man
Two must haves for your collection
Darkling Negata

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of free time lately. I liked the orange/black look.
Eternity Town 2
Pyres Hellhouse
Spook Distortia
Necromancy Notch
Megaman X Tryout
RollPlayingGame2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, haven't had much time to play the stage yet.. But I've got time now.. and I really dont like it. The dashing over the disappearing boxes is waaay too over done, it gets annoying. Also, the falling box doesn't serve it's purpose if there's another one on the other side of the player, it will just push the player into place.

Also, when you set that up, it was very suspicious, and I knew it was coming that first time I went up the ladder.

One last thing, there's way too much enemy spam, and extra lives.

EDIT: Well, I beat it.. with... 9 lives... 3/3/4/X. Yeah, I just beat the stage.. I'm really undecided woth the overall score right now.
Darkling Negata

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you didn't like it, I guess. I gave people the lives because some people will need them. Enemies are scarce for a good bit of the level. Only the area with MK METALLIX has all the enemies really.
Eternity Town 2
Pyres Hellhouse
Spook Distortia
Necromancy Notch
Megaman X Tryout
RollPlayingGame2
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, for some odd reason, this stage reminded me of Sonic 3 & Knuckles' "Lava Reef Zone..." That stage is tied for my favorite sonic stage, along with Ice Cap Zone.... May be time to go visit Granny, so I can play it with the old 6 button Genesis controllers... XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MegaMan Powered Up: Master Level List! Forum Index » Level Discussions & Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: