MegaMan Powered Up: Master Level List! Forum Index » Construction Mode

Jin Saotome's WIPS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Jin Saotome's WIPS Reply with quote

Yeah, so I'm re-typing this post, so what...

OK, prepare yourself for the best stage you've ever played in your entire life. My friend finally came over to play the stage (It's first version was made a month ago). Today, he told me that after four hours of play, he finally made it to Fireman without my help. I thought it would have taken him much longer, but atleast that lets all of you know that the stage is completely possible. He said that in the 4 hours of playing through, and learning the stage, once he had everything down it took about 30 minutes for him to make it to Fireman.

Yesterday, three of my friends made it past the first part that'll burn you to death if you don't manage your life correctly. One of 'em even found that you can get through the area with 3 points of life.. But I didn't bother reducing another two points because I've only done it twice.

This update will feature more noticeable updates, and again is completely possible. Again, there's only one path, and Fireman is in no way hidden.

I'll go into full detail in this stage when I release it later TODAY. Just looking around to find ANY last minute changes in the stage because this is the last version of this stage that's going to be released.

To everyone who can even make it to Fireman, I guarantee this will be your favorite stage. You'll even like it if you can get half way through, just give it a chance.

Again, I'll post other W.I.P. later because I don't know for sure what I'm going to release.

This stage is DONE go out and try it.
51478218-30 <-- Working Man
Two must haves for your collection

Last edited by Jin Saotome on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make it easier on us all, I've just decided to double post, instead of making an edit. Besides, I doubt anyone would look at all te W.I.P.s if they were bunched in a single, long post.

I've began creating a new stage. This one's different from all the others, and as always, everythings going to be placed right from the top of my head, and fixed afterwards. I cant discribe this one, but it's going to be big as hell, and you'll only die most often from spikes, and falls. This may turn into Abandoned ACT 3. But, there'a a good chance I'll be adding enemies to this one. If I do, I'll just name it something else and save act 3 for another time.

This is my first stage featurning Bombman as the playable character. There wont be a character select cause this one's just for Bombman.

Both of my hit stages, Frozen Fortress, and Pyro Chamber have atleast 5 rehashes, and two renames, but hopefully, this stage wont be like that.
Compairing the stages to each other, (taking length, and characters into consideration). I've just decided that megaman will not be playable in this stage. Sorry peoples, if you want megaman, play some other stage. Maybe the stage will be done in a couple of weeks. I'll try to stop with the rehashes (but that means stage fixes, and updates). Wink

OK, this one's difficulty is going to be much higher than Pyro Chamber. Why? Because I found out someone else beat pyro chamber -_-... So, this stage is pretty much going to be for those who've beaten it.

There's not going to be any points where you have to get hit. Also, there wont be any life deduction.
You'll start at the end of the stage, and have to work you way to the beginning. Also, at the start of this one. You wont see any enemies untill after you make to to the 1st retry flag. Most deaths in this stage will occur from falls.

I'm doing the best I can to make this stage hard. It's proving to be a headache even for me 'cause I've not made it past the harder obsticles 5 times yet.
This stage will not repeat any of the same obsticles, and I'm doing new things, as well as brining exact obsticles over from Abandoned ACT 2. I've decided that this will not be ACT 3 because of difficulty, length, and Megaman's not the playable character.
If you cant manage to get to the 1st checkpoint of Puro Chamber, don't bother playing unless you're curious to see how I was able to top the difficulty.
This stage may also even be bigger than Pyro Chamber. This will be my best stage ever because it's challenging, and doesn't start you off having to get hit, or with reduced life. You'll start three blocks away from the boss door.

I've completed parts 2 of 4. There may be a 5th part included but it depends. Parts 1, and 2 are very long.

Area Three will have to be the biggest area in the entire stage. The second largest area will be area 1, and third largest will be area 4. Each area will have multiple extremely hard areas, that requires near perfect timing. This stage is set out to stand behind it's name, "Hardest Stage in the Universe".

I've nearly completed area 3. But I'll have to stop for today. Sad I've run out of ideas... -_-. I'll begin work when i can come up with something for parts 3, and 4. It's gonna have to be hella varied if it's going to be the hardest in the universe.

Ok, the stage is done, I'll upload it soon. I found a major problem in the stage that would have otherwise made it impossible. (good thing I fixed it). But, something's telling me that there's something I wanted to add and just forgot. So, when I do the next test run later today, I'll remember what it was, and send it after It's done.

This stage does live up to it's name, btw.
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've revived one of my stages I stopped working on a few weeks ago. Pyro Chamber ACT 2. This stage is kind of hard to explain. It's completely different from the first act, harder, but it's kind of the same. I will try again to fill every screen. With act one, I had to leave 30 sceens blank. It's pointless to fill a screen for the sake of filling it, and it will result in a crappy stage. This one does feel like a continuation from ACT 1, and again will be harder, and longer. The first act had some unique obsticles, and this one will have fresh ones as well, that I just couldn't create in ACT 1, you'll see when it's done.
This one will take quite a while to finish, so dont expect it to be done in 4 days, like The Hardest Stage in the Universe, and no, this stage will be easier than The Hardest Stage in the Universe. Because The Hardest Stage in the Universe is so hard, I'll just ignore that stage from now on. So any other stages I that I say is the hardest stage I've ever created, I'm not including The Hardest Stage in the Universe because it's name speaks for itself.

The stage will feature some of the exact same screens from the 1st act, although some of them will be reversed, or have slight changes in them for whatever reason I decide. For example, I brought back the entire first tower you start in. But now, only one of the two flame throwers are infinite, so you can make it past that part without getting hit as I don't want it to serve the same purpose it did in ACT 1.

I figure that in total, I wont revive anymore than 30 screens. More updates later, dont expect it to be done before next week.

So, I've not made any updates in a while... why? Because I rotate between playing this and tekken, because they are the greatest games on PSP. I have others, but mostly I play this, or Tekken. So, whenever I rotate back to megaman (who knows how long, maybe a week or two) I'll continue working on the stage. It's going well, btw.
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finished a stage I'd been taking my time with, expect it to be released soon, to lazy to do it right this second, or today even. Figured I'd say something since the forums are pretty much dead, lol. I'll post details on it later.
One reason I've not been doing to much with the stages is because.... well, I still can't get off Tekken...
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BEST STAGE EVER

.. Is the name of the stage I just started on late last night/early this morning. It will feature all players except Protoman. With each player with their own path. Haven't decided who the boss should be yet. I'll say that in this stage, there's multiple difficulties. Megaman's passage WILL be the hardest I've almost finished his, but then I still got 8, or 9 others.... You know what.. I've JUST made my decision on the boss.

It will either be Timeman, or a partyball. I will give timeman his own path if there's room. Dont want any passages to be extremely short. Haven't decided on difficulty levels, but there will be something for everyone. Megaman, and bombman will have hard area, but there will be some that are normal, or even easy.
Hmmm.. I see a patern with my stage names, but will this one live up to being the BEST stage ever? I hope so, I'll try to finish it by wednesday.

No I didn't forget about the stage from my previous post, I'll... post it up soon, one issue I found in it that needs to be fixed (lazyness). I'll release em both wednesday. And don't worry about Tekken, I've finally grown tired of it again, and moved back to megaman, and it should take about that long for me to move back to Tekken again.

But dont expect anything untill Wednesday.
I've decided to name this stage "The Best Stage in the Universe". Now that I've gotten a good deal of work in, I can say a bit more on the stage. I think I may be able to finish it by Tuesday, but I will still wait 'till wednesday for test runs. If I finish it on wednesday, however, I wont do as much testing.
Oilman, and Timeman will not be included in this stage, however Timeman will be the boss.

Megaman, and Firemans paths are both extremely hard, I'd say that megaman's path is slightly harder, just because Fireman's obsticle return rate is higher, because he's closer to his obsticles than megaman.

So, yeah, noobs, don't use Megaman, or Fireman unless you want to get raped by the stage.

There's something on this stage for everyone, so, if you find it to easy, or too hard, try playing with a different character. You can see how much the stage varies if you use 4 or 5 characters. Each character has their own path that they must take, so, don't try to take cutman, or fireman and use Roll's path,not gonna work that way.

Stage is completed, go play it... now.
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten an Idea for another stage (see what happens when I take breaks? fresh ideas again).

name:The Most complex STAGE in the Universe
Player(s) Bombman
More details soon.

As for the stage itself. It will be another bombman only stage, and more-so of a puzzle than the hardest stage in the universe. Don't worry, you'll be able to afford to make mistakes this time around. Not really easy to explain what I plan to do as of now because it's just an idea; I've not started it yet, but I will soon. I plan to use the red/blue bomb activated boxes to the best of my abilities. So, be prepared, I've done some complicated things before, so, be prepared to use your head in this one. It may not feature a single enemy, except the boss, ofcourse.

Expect a release of the stage to be Wednesday again. As for that easy stage I said I'd be making, screw that, dont feel like making it, The Best STAGE in the Universe is good enough.
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten an Idea for another stage. But c'mon, you shoulda have known this was coming. I'd been doing my best to think of how I could be sure this stage would live up to it's name.

name:Easiest STAGE in the Universe
Player(s) Bombman
More details soon.

Yes, this stage is really easy. So easy, there's no need for attacking anywhere on the stage. Expect a 0 level of challenge from obsticles, 0% learning curb, and whatever else you can think of 0.. Just enjoy this one. Challenge level is non-existant, and it'll be easy enough for you to breeze on through the stage in your sleep.
It's gonna be one of my shortest stages, if not; the shortest stage I've ever created
Be on the look out, due Wednesday.

The other Universe STAGE wont be finished this week, sorry.

Well, I happen to have finished this stage the same day I started. In under 12 hours, the Easiest STAGE in the Universe is complete.

This stage is the smallest stage I've made to date, with plenty of Life Energy, and 1ups to keep you going, and I think there's 5 re-try flag positions.
As I said earlier, this stage has a 0 challenge/difficulty level, so if your looking for a challenge, this is not for you. However, if you want a stage that even a 4 year old can beat with a flawless performance, then, The Easiest STAGE in the Universe is for you. On shelves... I mean, on the server tomorrow.
You'll like this one.
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on a new, old school styled stage, that goes in a staight line. I've added secret passages. You may not find any on your 1st run.

Because whenever I add a stage, someone else feels the need to post from nowhere, their own wastes of space, stealing the audience from my stages, I will release this stage, and one other with the release of Pyro Chamber ACT II. Dont expect Pyro Chamber 2 to be release for a long, long while. I'm going to try to cover the entire work area, and I'm kinda stumped right now, and I'm barly 1/3 of the way done. I know this stage has been a WIP for the longest time now, but, just wait.. Beat Pyro Chamber 1 first.. ACT 2 will be even harder.

This stage will be done shortly, but dont expect to see it for a while. When this and Pyro chamber 2 are done, I will release them both with a 3rd stage that I'll tell a little more on later.
I'm keeping it under the wraps to not spoil anything, and keep you guys waiting (Maybe feedback from my most recent stages will urge me to work more on these stages).
Dont expect anything this month from me though.
_______
Done, but not released.
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, a while ago, I had made a megaman only stage.. The only reason why I hadn't uploaded it was because i couldnt think of a proper name for the stage... But it's been finished for the past 3 months, lol....

I started making a new stage using the onld style fireman stage pack, which I will release when it's done. I'm releasing all three stages at once because yet again... when I find/finish a stage, there's someone with one of theirs...

The three stages will be release at the same time, when they're done.. Give me a week, or so.. You know, as always, it's going to be fantstic.
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stage Of AWESOME
Completed
51478218-027

Got something in the works I just started on earlier today.. I've been working on it for about a total of 4 hours.. Just took one break.

This stage is made to kill two birds with one stone. By that I mean, seem arrogant (on purpose to upset the gamefaq people). They make too much of a big deal over everything and the slightest thing will hurt their feelings... Not only that, but they never stay on topic.. So, here comes a great stage.. Gonna name it something self centered, lol. Expect it within the next two hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MegaMan Powered Up: Master Level List! Forum Index » Construction Mode All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: