MegaMan Powered Up: Master Level List! Forum Index » The Debate Hall

Why all the glitches?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinsanityV20

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Why all the glitches? Reply with quote

I joined this looking for some quality levels, not expert level challenges and even worse levels that force you to glitch through the stages. While this is still much preferable to blindly picking stages from MMPU's interface, I'm sad to see such ridiculous challenges so far. Why don't people just make normal stages? Why are so many built around glitches and expert tricks? Why are so many set pieces in these levels forcing you to kill yourself and start over from checkpoints if you screw 'em up the first time? And how come there's not filter to block that kinda crap out? It's like there's only two type of Mega Man stages built by players: Stupid ones and ridiculously hard ones. Where are the fair, but challenging, and fun ones? And does anybody want to clue me in on some that fit that bill?

So since this is the debate hall, I guess I'm starting a debate over those who craft legit challenges and those who just throw in every trick in the book - including taking advantage of glitches - for the sake of challenge. It's not fun, unlike the real Mega Man levels. Why must some of you be sooooo freaking unforgiving with your level designs?
Jin Saotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh.... wow.. are my stages really that hard? Try my Cutman, and Iceman stages. Sorry, but I have my reasons for my stage designs.

1. They are hard because I am an experianced player who wants a challenge.. And some of my friends also like a challenge.
2. If you want something easy, play the regular game. Not going to make a stage you can beat in 3 minutes, why waste hours, and hours of time on something like that? Also, it, in my opinion isn't fun. All you do is run, and jump over some simple pits, and shoot a couple of enemies.. and you're done.. No thinking or planning required.
3. I agree with you on the glitches, I don't like them, and they are boring cheats/challenges. So far, there's only been one glitch in my stages. It's the one I'm working on right now, but, it doesn't hurt, or help you in any way, so I could care less about it. Then, it only happens under a certain condition.
4. All things said, why on Earth are you complaining to us about our stages? They're OUR stages, and we do what we want with them. If you aren't satisfied, then try someone elses... Better yet, make your own damn stages the way you like them.

Like I always say: Make stages the way you'd like to, as long as you can have fun in your stage. Who cares what anyone else thinks? If they've got a problem, then they can make their own.

Again, if you've got a problem with our stages, play the origonal game, or make your own stages, or just play our stages, and try to get MOAR experiance by playing them, or just don't complain.

What you're doing is like EA complaining to Capcom about making shitty games. I don't personally think so, just an example. But, both companies are perfectly able to make their own stuff, just as you are able to make your own stage the way you want.

So, stop playing the game, stop complaining, or start practicing.

Tell you what. I will make a stage, just the way you like it, but expect it sometime next week (good stages take time, and I got one I'm working on right now).
51478218-30 <-- Working Man
Two must haves for your collection
Onyx Tanuki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share pretty much the same opinion as Jin does. I'd like to think my stages are a good challenge, most being two or three steps above what the game offers, but several that really take skill and time to master. And outside of the tile glitch in Fork in the Road, I haven't relied on a single glitch. Some glitches are fine for stages to add a few extra tricks and traps for certain characters (such as the frozen lava jet trick), but the weirder stuff, like timebomb teleports and wall walking, really has no place in a stage unless it's meant to be a glitch gauntlet.
Glaber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the glitch stages came from the time peroid of discovering them and experimenting with useing them. I like to think that the best glitch for uses is the one that allowes you to build new patterns/designs with the tiles.

Also I think most of us build levels we would like to play rather than what others would like to. Sort of like one of the reasons for Duke Nukum Forever is taking "forever" to get released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MegaMan Powered Up: Master Level List! Forum Index » The Debate Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: